14u tier III Tournament Bound team
The Oswego Minor Hockey 14u tier III TB team coached by Ben Miller will hold their tryouts 5/3 @ 8:15 pm and 5/5 @ 7:15 pm both tryouts will be at Lysander Ice Arena. If you are trying out from an organization other than OMHA please bring your release to tryouts.
Please email coach Miller at email@example.com if you are planning on attending.
Oswego Tier II GIRLS HOCKEY
After sending our 12u and 14u teams to the NY State Tournament in Buffalo last month, we are looking to build on that momentum heading into 2019-2020.
Next season we will have competitive tier 2 teams at the 10u, 12u, 14u, and 16u levels, with the 12u, 14u and 16u teams being Tournament Bound.
The week of April 22-26 is being targeted for tryout dates - so please stay tuned for details. If you have any questions please email the Oswego Girls Hockey program coordinator Tom Roman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Oswego Minor Hockey Association has announced plans to host the 2018-19 Annual meeting of the membership on Wednesday April 10th at 7:00PM at the McCrobie Civic Center. On the agenda will be a review of the previous season, the distribution of several annual awards including: The Richard Pratt Memorial Awards and The Jared Leduc Memorial Award. Also at the Annual meeting a vote will be conducted to appoint new members to the Board of Directors.
According to Article IV of the OMHA Constitution, members who have the right to vote for directors at the Annual Meeting include: parents / legal guardians who currently have a child in the OMHA program and are in good standing; current OMHA board-approved coaches; current OMHA based referees of level 2 or higher who are at least 18 years old; current and past OMHA board members.
Current Board Members with expiring terms are: Dan Bartlett, Susan DiBlasi, Phil Cady, and Kevin Reitz. This year is we will have four (4) board positions up for election. The election process will take place during our annual meeting.
At the end of the annual meeting the votes will be tallied and new board members will be announced.
February 4, 2019
With the end of the season approaching there are a few items I would like to bring to attention of the membership at this time:
1. Our 12u Girls Tournament-Bound team has an important game coming up this Saturday at 11am @ the Fort. A positive result will qualify our team to advance to the NYS Championships. If you’re able to attend please consider coming out and cheering on our girls this weekend!
2. The following teams have already qualified to represent Oswego at the upcoming State tournaments in March. Congratulations to all teams and good luck in Buffalo!
· Pee Wee Tier III team – coached by Tom Roman
· 14u Tier II Girls team – coached by Shawn Caroccio
· 16u Tier III split season team – coached by Dan Bartlett
· 18u Tier III split season team – coached by Randy Pratt
3. The following members of the OMHA Board of Directors have terms that are expiring as of 3/31/19:
· Dan Bartlett
· Kevin Reitz
· Susan DiBlasi
· Phil Cady
If you are interested in running for a seat on next year’s board of directors please email OMHA President Dan Bartlett at: email@example.com. Elections will be held during the annual meeting at a date to be announced in mid-to late March. Members are elected to a 3 year term.
4. OMHA is looking for travel team coaches for the following anticipated teams next season. Interested candidates should contact OMHA President Dan Bartlett via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The OMHA Board of directors will interview and appoint coaches at these levels before the annual meeting:
· 10u travel or Snowbelt red (coaches discretion based on talent level)
· 12u tier III TB team
· 12u tier II Girls TB team
· 14u tier III TB team
· 14u tier II Girls TB team
· 16u tier III Split Season Team
· 18u tier III Split Season Team
Please note that at the discretion of the OMHA Board of Directors, there may be additions or deletions from this list based on projected number of players at each level.
Candidates are asked to forward their interest to OMHA President Dan Bartlett no later than Feb 15, 2019.
Since 1964, the Oswego Minor Hockey Association Inc. (OMHA) has been providing area youth with the opportunity to learn to skate and play the game of ice hockey.
The mission of the OMHA includes promoting good sportsmanship, respect, discipline, self-esteem and fun at all levels - while enhancing skills to accommodate the full spectrum of player ability. Through the generous sponsorship of numerous local businesses, as well as a variety of successful fundraisers and an expanding equipment-lending program - the association works hard to support participation from boys and girls of all economic backgrounds.
The OMHA is a member organization of the New York State Amateur Hockey Association (NYSAHA), which is a recognized affiliate of USA Hockey – the national governing body for the sport of ice hockey in the United States. The OMHA is considered to be a “Tier III” (also known as “C” level) organization. This status is granted by the NYSAHA in recognition of the association’s size and general competitive success.
The OMHA is incorporated in the state of New York and maintains an official mailing address of:
Oswego Minor Hockey Association
P.O. Box 5525 ,
Oswego, NY 13126.
The association maintains its status as a not-for-profit organization in accordance with section 501(c)(3) of the federal tax code.
Located on the scenic shores of Lake Ontario in Central New York, Oswego is a compact city with a long tradition of quality hockey. With three ice rinks located within two miles of the downtown area, Oswego is home to the SUNY Oswego Lakers Men's and Women's Hockey teams, the Oswego City High School Boys' and Girls' Varsity Hockey teams, and the Oswego Minor Hockey Association.
Oswego Rink locations:
Crisafulli Memorial Skating Rink at Fort Ontario
East 9th St. & East Van Buren Street
Oswego, NY 13126
Cullinan Skating Rink
West 3rd St. & Varick St.
Oswego, NY 13126
SUNY Oswego Campus Center Arena
Washington St. & Centennial Dr.
Oswego, NY 13126